Select all of the statements that are TRUE about gene mutation events.
Highlight Answer(s) Below
1. A genetic mutation is a temporary alteration of the nucleotide sequence of the genome of a cell.
2. Mutations can result from damage to DNA which is not repaired, or errors in the process of replication.
3. Mutations always cause discernible changes in the observable characteristics or phenotype of an organism.
4. Mutations are only involved in abnormal biological processes such as evolution, cancer, and the development of the immune system.
5. Mutations can be classified as silent, missense, or nonsense, each of which has different consequences for the cell.